When Is It Time to See the Dentist?
When was the last time you saw the dentist? If you can’t remember, it may have been too long. Knowing when to see the dentist can help you avoid unfortunate conditions like gum disease, tooth infection and other dental problems.
As your dentist in Grand Junction, CO, the professionals at Western Slope Dental Center are committed to ensuring that you have clean, healthy teeth. Help us help you! Come see the dentist when it’s time. Here’s what you need to know about how often you should see the dentist.
See the Dentist Twice Per Year
You should be seeing the dentist every six months for a dental cleaning in Grand Junction, CO. Many dental insurance companies will cover two annual teeth cleanings, to ensure that your teeth stay healthy. If you need to come to the dentist more frequently, or if you only need to see the dentist once per year, your dentist will let you know.
When You’re Noticing Signs of a Problem
Know the signs of a problem and see the dentist when you’ve identified potential symptoms. Some things to look for include:
- Pain and swelling in the area around your tooth
- Sudden tooth sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Red, puffy, swollen gums
- Bad breath that won’t go away, even after brushing your teeth
- Bad taste in your mouth that won’t go away after brushing your teeth
- Stains or discolorations on your teeth
- Gum recession
When It’s Urgent
Do you know when it’s a dental emergency? See your dentist if you’re having an urgent problem such as:
- Loss of a permanent tooth
- Permanent teeth are loose
- Severe pain around a tooth
- Your tooth has become cracked or chipped
If you’re not sure whether it’s a dental emergency, or if you just need to make an appointment, call your dentist at Western Slope Dental Center.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!